Monday, April 22, 2019

The Curious Charms of Arthur PepperThe Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a happy easy read book that delighted me, and although it's not great literature the entertainment value for me is deserving of 5 stars. It's a bittersweet, funny, and heartwarming story about a recently widowed man of 70 who is unable to really get through the days of loneliness. Upon the task of clearing out his wife's belongings, he discovers a hidden charm bracelet he had never seen before. Shocked that she had a life prior to him that he did not know about, he seeks to learn more about her. This search takes him to places far and wide and along the way he has adventures and makes colorful friends that were somehow connected with his wife. This is a sweet, poignant book which I would not hesitate to recommend to readers of any genre.

View all my reviews

No comments: