Friday, April 12, 2019

Dream When You're Feeling BlueDream When You're Feeling Blue by Elizabeth Berg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars...I round up. I really enjoy reading Elizabeth Berg novels because her characters are believable, the events accurate and settings memorable and because she is always able to keep the story flowing without the crude language & graphic sex that seem to be the norm in modern romance and historical fiction. This is a character study of how 3 sisters and their Irish-American family coped while their sons, husbands, and boyfriends were away during WWII. I found the book educational and appreciate the insight I gained reading about this period in my parents' generation. I listened to the audiobook narrated by the author and it was exceptional.

View all my reviews

No comments: