Monday, April 15, 2019

I Found YouI Found You by Lisa Jewell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a solid, compelling book that kept me guessing as I read. I was hooked from the beginning, a great page-turner that I couldn't put down. There are three storylines told in alternating chapters that gradually come together with many twists and surprises along the way. I kept changing my mind about what the outcome would be right up to the satisfying end when secrets are revealed and memories restored. Lisa Jewell’s books are filled with characters that are brilliantly formed. They’re very ‘real’ with history and depth which makes them relatable. You really get inside their heads which makes it a very powerful and quite fast-paced read as events unfold. She is a skillful storyteller. There is great dialogue, character interaction, and clear descriptive settings. Packed full of drama: threats, death, love, friends' and families' secrets and lies, and a lot of questions left unanswered, the book definitely held my attention from start to finish. I highly recommend this brilliantly written novel.

View all my reviews

No comments: