Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Little Fires EverywhereLittle Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One of my favorite reads ever! Absolutely engaging, I was emotionally invested in the story and the characters and I could not put it down. Ng's prose is stunning and her insight into human nature, motherhood, professional ethics, freedom, and preconceived ideas is impressive. Little Fires Everywhere depicts a number of heart-wrenching yet frequently occurring issues in today’s society. It is complex, multi-layered, and so beautifully written I've decided I will read anything by Celeste Ng I can get my hands on.
I need my friends to read this so we can talk about it!
quotes:
"She smelled, Mia thought suddenly, of home, as if home had never been a place, but had always been this little person whom she’d carried alongside her."

"One had followed the rules, and one had not. But the problem with rules... was that they implied a right way and a wrong way to do things. When, in fact, most of the time they were simply ways, none of them quite wrong or quite right, and nothing to tell you for sure what side of the line you stood on."

"Sometimes you need to scorch everything to the ground, and start over. After the burning the soil is richer, and new things can grow. People are like that, too. They start over. They find a way."

"Rules existed for a reason: if you followed them, you would succeed; if you didn't, you might burn the world to the ground."



View all my reviews

No comments: