Sunday, July 2, 2017

Relic (Pendergast, #1)Relic by Douglas Preston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is book #1 in the popular Pendergast Series and is well researched, with believable characters. It is about an archeological expedition in the Brazilian jungle that has gone bad, resulting with some wild animal/monster roaming the NY of Natural History Museum and leaving bodies in it wake. . . sort of an Indiana Jones/Jurassic Park combo. Thrillers are not my genre, and I usually can't wait for them to end, thus my 3 star rating. However if they are your thing and you can suspend unbelief you will love it because it's full of adventure and "white-knuckle" moments with a nice twist in the epilogue. I won't watch the movie. . . according to all reviews it's absolutely terrible and does not follow the novel.

View all my reviews

No comments: