Wednesday, May 4, 2016

OpenOpen by Andre Agassi


3.5 stars
If you are a tennis player you will love this book. I enjoyed it. It is actually not written by Agassi but by ghostwriter, J.R. Moehringer. I found the play-by-play matches on the way up the ranking ladder a little tedious, but his story is very interesting. The following review by Bethany expresses my sentiments exactly:
"I had no idea tennis was such a constant mental battle. You can win a match against someone but lose to them a month later. If you mentally check out, consider yourself the loser.
It was surprising to read about Agassi's perfectionism and incredibly tough father who forced him into the game. After reading this bio, if you didn't know about Agassi's amazing accomplishments, you'd think he wasn't that great of a tennis player- he's that hard on himself. It was also interesting to read about his marriage to Brooke Shields and his rivalry with Pete Sampras. My only dislikes: frequent "F" word and having to look at Agassi's face on my nightstand for a week."

View all my reviews

No comments: