Monday, March 19, 2012

One Second AfterOne Second After by William R. Forstchen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Can you provide for yourself and family should the grid and food supply shut down? This is a highly plausible story of the members of a small No.Carolina community doing what they must to survive the horrors (which were glossed over) resulting from an EMP, one of the leading threats to America's security today, and probably the most underrated one. I finished this book 2 weeks ago, am still thinking about it, and am more motivated to prepare for such an event. In that sense I would give the book 5 stars, but despite the relative importance of the issue, I’m giving 4 stars because while subject matter is important, the quality of writing is almost amateurish. This is a quick read.



View all my reviews

No comments: