Monday, March 12, 2012

Eat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight LossEat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss by Joel Fuhrman

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


March 10 2012 Update: I've been eating this way for 2 years and it has changed my life. Not only did my LDL (Lousy bad) cholesterol drop 56 points but my HDL (happy good)cholesterol is elevated 15 points. But the primary reason my life is changed is no more aches & pains which means I no longer need round the clock medicating with Tramadol, Neurontin, & other pain killers. It has not been easy to discipline myself to eat this way & often I indulge in something that Dr. Fuhriman & his colleagues would frown at, but I'm 95%. Why would I go back to the Standard American Diet(SAD) with those results? Oh, and I am also 40# lighter than I was 2 years ago. A good companion book with even more compelling arguments for eating mostly vegan is The China Study by Caldwell and Esselstyn.



Written March 10, 2010: Awesome book for anyone interested in nutrition and healthy living. I wish it had been published 40 years ago when I was raising my family.

I've been on this diet (moderately high) for 4 weeks and have lost 14 lbs. but my primary reason for this change is cholesterol and arthritis pain. The pain is almost nil and I'll see how many LDL points I've dropped next week & report back.

To read more about this amazing diet go to Robin's nutrition blog: http://leantowardthesun.blogspot.com/





View all my reviews

No comments: