Saturday, May 4, 2019

Say WhenSay When by Elizabeth Berg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the 3rd book I've read by Ms. Berg, and I've really enjoyed them all, but did not love this. Written from the betrayed husband's point of view, this novel is a tender reflection on the joys and frustrations of marriage and it rings true to what many couples experience as their relationships age. The story confronts the reader with the questions: When is love not enough? When is it not worth saving? What happens when love goes untended? Why is it so hard to let love die? These are serious questions but parts of this book made me laugh out loud. I felt the ending was underdeveloped and am not sure the resolution accords with reality. One is left wondering what will happen.

View all my reviews

No comments: