Friday, August 19, 2016

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)Cinder by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars
This is a squeaky clean YA futuristic Cinderella fantasy with cyborgs, androids, aliens (evolved humans), and hover cars. The future of earth hinges upon a feisty heroine, Cinder, who is a gifted mechanic, AND a second-class citizen CYBORG with a frequently missing foot, a mysterious past, & an evil stepmother. The author Marissa Meyer, has cleverly created a well-crafted world with fascinating characters, especially the wicked Lunar Queen. It is a bit predictable but it kept me up at night, I really enjoyed it, and the humorous dialogue gave me some good laughs. This is book #1 in a series, and it stands alone, but there are enough unanswered questions, e.g. (spoiler alert): Cinder does not marry the Prince, but ends up in prison.....what will happen next? I am wondering what fairy tale themes are in sequel. So my lengthy "to-read" list now includes Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2)!



View all my reviews

No comments: