Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Magician's AssistantThe Magician's Assistant by Ann Patchett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ann Patchett excels at taking ordinary likable people and dropping them into unusual situations. The premise of the book was fascinating and the characters are multi-dimensional, compelling and so human that you forget you're reading fiction. Her writing is elegant but not flowery, insightful, clever, and sophisticated, but it never gets in the way of the story. I thought this was a sweet and perceptive story. The plot unfolded well, and I didn't want to put the book down because I wanted to see what was going to happen next. I thought the main character, Sabine, was the only character that was hard to understand and was disappointed with the sudden ending.

View all my reviews

No comments: