Sunday, May 29, 2011

Y is for Yorick, A Slightly Irreverent Shakespearean ABC Book for Grown-Ups

Y is for Yorick: A Slightly Irreverent Shakespearean ABC Book for Grown-UpsY is for Yorick: A Slightly Irreverent Shakespearean ABC Book for Grown-Ups by Jennifer Adams

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved this little book!! It's a humorous tongue-in-cheek quick reference on Shakespeare's characters and works. "C is for Claudius. He killed his brother and married his brother's widow, Gertrude. However, he forgot to take into account the stepchildren.(Hamlet). . ."U is for Ursula, a maid who nobody remembers...If you want to be remembered it is better to be a queen, king, murderer, cross-dresser, or ghost.(Much Ado About Nothing)"

The book includes a brief synopsis of each of his plays. I enjoyed it so much that it is my current bathroom book and am now reading it a second time. In addition to being a great graduation gift, I highly recommend it to anyone who, like the author, "has a general affinity for civilized dark humor and all things British." (flyleaf)



View all my reviews

No comments: